Today I want to revisit my 2012 goals post. If you read the post, then you know I will have no way of knowing whether I have met any of my goals, as they are not SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely). I have to give a hat tip here to Pat Flynn of Smartpassiveincome.com, who reminded me of my corporate learning in his 2012 goals post. I know better than to set immeasurable goals, so thanks Pat for jogging my memory!
So, in this post, I am setting SMART goals for 2012 as follows:
- Reach $40,000 in revenue by December 31st, 2012. (Previously Establish the business as being viable.)
- Complete the Living for Monday Career Design Process and make it available for sale as of February 20th, 2012. (Previously Have a core product/service to hang my hat on.)
- Make $2500 from at least two income streams other than the Career Design Process by December 31st, 2012. (Previously Diversify Income Streams.)
- Integrity: Make zero decisions that compromise our integrity or jeopardize our brand in 2012.
- Excellence: Under promise and over deliver in everything that we do in 2012. With every customer and every offering, incorporate at least one value-add that is not promised as a benefit of payment for service.
- Service: Each member of the Living for Monday team will spend one week engaging in community service or mission work in 2012.
- Innovation: Deliver free and paid content via at least three mediums in 2012.
- Learning & Personal Development: Read one book per month as a team and have at least one monthly book discussion. (Bonus: incorporate new ideas into the business.)
- Establish Skype and/or phone as the standard communication method for Living for Monday coaching by June 1st, 2012. (Previously Set myself up to work from anywhere.)
- Establish and make LivingforMonday.com fully operational by February 20th, 2012. Establish and make Masteringpurpose.com fully operational by April 1st, 2012. (Previously Have two killer websites: LivingforMonday.com and MasteringPurpose.com.)
- Have 20 paying clients by February 20th, 2012. (Have a strong pre-launch with the goal of 20 initial paying clients.)
- Serve 50 paying clients by December 31st, 2012.
- Establish a free product or service from Living for Monday by February 20th, 2012. (Previously Create and establish a free product to introduce people to the Living for Monday brand and style.)
- Grow the Living for Monday blog subscribers from 0 to 2500 subscribers by December 31st, 2012. (Previously Establish a Living for Monday ‘tribe’)
- Schedule a dinner, coffee, or other meaningful experience with friends or family at least once per week during all of 2012. (Previously Invest in Friends and Family)
- Read 52 books by December 31st, 2012. (Previously Read 52 books – one for every week.)
- Eat Paleo and work out three times per week for all of 2012. (Previously Establish and maintain great health practices.)
- Take two trips to locations I have never visited or not visited in the last five years by December 31st, 2012. (Previously Travel.)
- Take at least three fly fishing lessons and take at least three fly fishing trips by December 31st, 2012. (Previously Learn a new skill.)
- Speak to seminars, conferences, classes, or small groups on at least 15 occasions by December 31st 2012. (Previously Become a great public speaker.)