With last week’s book review of Uncertainty by Jonathan Fields, I started a new project. I’m calling it ‘The Spreading Great Ideas Book Project’ and it is inspired by my girlfriend, Nicole. Last week she said: “Wouldn’t it be cool if you wrote your name in the cover of each book you read and then passed it on to someone else, and then after it reached the 100th person it got sent back to you?”
Wa-la. What an incredible idea! So, I’ve put it into action. With every book review on the blog from now on, I will give away one copy of the reviewed book to be passed along to 100 readers. In the cover will be the following message on how the project works and what it means to take part:
How This Works:
1) Receive the book from a friend, blogger, author, or stranger.
2) Read the book.
3) Record your name, location, and date of reading on one of the numbered lines on the blank pages at the front or back of the book.
4) Visit https://livingvalues.wordpress.com/2011/10/28/uncertainty-by-jonathan-fields/ to comment on what you thought about the book, who you got it from, who you’re sending it to, or any other thoughts you might have on the book or ‘The Spreading Great Ideas Book Project’
5) Tweet, blog, discuss, or otherwise publicize the fact that you have a free copy of Uncertainty to pass along under one condition: the reader must participate in ‘The Spreading Great Ideas Book Project.’
6) Give the book to the first interested and dedicated party by mail, handoff, hail mary, or other form of passing along.
7) Stay tuned to https://livingvalues.wordpress.com for new book reviews and opportunities to participate in ‘The Spreading Great Ideas Book Project’ again.
8) Live your values. Embrace your passion. Dream big. Change the World.
Person 100: email Barrett to find out how to get the book back to him.
So, now that you know what this thing is all about, I hope this will give you something to look forward to with each book review… And I certainly hope you will consider participating. Uncertainty made its first trip all the way out to California, so I am excited to see where else these books will travel.
Stay tuned for new book reviews, and as always, please let me know what you think in the comments!
If you enjoy this blog, please subscribe in the top right hand corner of any post! Also consider sharing any posts you particularly enjoy using the social media sharing buttons at the bottom of every post!